We are able to represent clients of all sizes. Our attorneys are motivated and efficient, which always provides us with a leg up on the competition in providing innovative and cost-effective solutions.
A substantial amount of commercial litigation involves contractual disagreements. As such, KWM attorneys have extensive experience in the handling of contract disputes, including claims arising under the Uniform Commercial Code, claims based on oral contracts, claims based on the implied warranty of good-faith and fair dealing, claims involving fraudulent inducement to enter into a contract, disputes over real estate contracts, claims involving partnership agreements, issues dealing with the termination and formation of partnership agreements and disputes over insurance coverage. Our attorneys have litigated these complex issues in both state and federal courts.
KWM recognizes that litigation under certain circumstances may not be an available route or in the client’s best interests. Therefore, in addition to our extensive familiarity with the litigation process, KWM has experience in alternative methods of dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration. Our attorneys have represented clients in binding arbitration proceedings concerning complex business disputes. As the judiciary continues to require a significant number of cases to engage in mediation prior to trial, KWM is continuing to evolve its business to accommodate for such. Whether a dispute is handled before a jury, judge or mediator, KWM vigorously advocates for the most desirable result for our clients.
- Obtained jury verdict and judgment against mortgage company and broker in jury trial concerning breach of contract, common law fraud and violation of the Illinois Consumer Fraud Act.
- Successfully prevented our English client’s American licensee from assigning its license to our client’s competitor. Our clients were awarded sanctions and attorneys’ fees, as well.
- Successful defense of breach of $16 million loan commitment claim.
- Successful defense of real estate broker’s $350,000 commission claim.
- Successful defense of a breach of restrictive covenant and employee
- Successful prosecution of $320,000 mechanic’s lien case through a bench trial.
Successful defense of multi-million dollar contract, warranty and fraud claims against telephone carrier.