KWM defends a wide variety of employment-related issues, including breaches of employment agreements; violations of ERISA and other applicable regulations or statutes; pension-related disputes; and discrimination claims based on gender, race, age, or disability. We are qualified to represent our clients before federal and state courts and before administrative bodies such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Illinois Human Rights Commission.
In addition to our litigation services, KWM provides practical, preventative counseling in an effort to avoid workplace conflict and unnecessary litigation. Our client-counseling services assist employers in complying with federal, state and local employment statutes and regulations. Our attorneys counsel employers and employees over their employment contracts, severance agreements, workplace practices and pension plans. Our substantial experience in the field of employment law allows us to advise clients on the implementation and application of employee handbooks and policies in an effort to avoid potential claims by their employees. We regularly counsel our clients on day-to-day workplace issues such as: wage and hour concerns, family and medical leave, layoff concerns, disability issues and discrimination and harassment policies.
KWM robustly protects its clients in all matters relating to the workplace. We have significant trial experience litigating covenants not to compete, wrongful termination, and claims for alleged theft of trade secrets or confidential information. As the field of employment law continues to expand, KWM strives to educate its clients of new developments.
- Successful defense of a wage and hour class action.
- Successful defense of a multi-million dollar sexual harassment, retaliation and civil rights matter.
- Favorable settlement of a discrimination claim stemming from a Reduction-In- Force.
- Successful settlement of a sexual harassment claim before the Illinois Human Rights Commission.
- Successful defense of an action based on an alleged breach of an employment agreement.
- Perform internal investigation for client on an employee harassment claim
- Draft employee handbooks for corporate clients, including advising on employment policies to limit employee-based litigation.